O's to Phils: "GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hank Scorpio

As Buck might say, "It's all about who is pitching today." But what about that lousy line-up Buck put together last night? :scratchchinhmm:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/masnRoch">@masnRoch</a> that is probably the worst lineup the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> could come up with. Geez I hope they do not blow this game vs the lowly Phillies</p>— JeffStower (@Oriolesallday) <a href="

">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/masnRoch">@masnRoch</a> not exactly murderers row</p>— devilish flaredog (@nottheflaredog) <a href="

">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am interested to see how the two games in Philly play out now. Will the Phillies rise up and possibly get a bit chippy in the process, or will they lay down like a beaten dog?

They're likely to strike some kind of balance between laying down like a beaten dog and storming Ruben Amaro's club box.

I am interested to see how the two games in Philly play out now. Will the Phillies rise up and possibly get a bit chippy in the process, or will they lay down like a beaten dog?

The Phillies still have some solid veterans on their roster, so I think they'll get a little chippy. It won't be because of their support for Sandberg however. Did you see how upset utley was when they left Francour in the game after he had thrown over forty pitches.

The Phillies still have some solid veterans on their roster, so I think they'll get a little chippy. It won't be because of their support for Sandberg however. Did you see how upset utley was when they left Francour in the game after he had thrown over forty pitches.

In all fairness, I think some of his anger, was himself getting left in the game.

Not sure what Utley was all upset about, Francouer was their best pitcher all night lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yeah, these are good examples of this approach working. I just think aside from Adley right now, the approach has tipped far too much in the aggressive side of the scale. Now we're not even seeing balls struck well because guys aren't really waiting for the good pitch. Or, like in one of Cowser's ABs today, just fouling off the one good pitch of the AB to hit. So they are aggressive, they're missing pitches to hit, and they're expanding the zone more.  Hopefully a slump. They looked better in April than May. But I just don't know what this team looks like in July if their walk rate is still 29th. I can't imagine that's going to work all season. 
    • The opening game Monday night MIGHT have been won had O'Hearn had a couple of more inches in height on a HR ball that was caught by Varsho. Then today, the game MIGHT have been tied had Santander had another inch on that play at the plate(I still think he was safe). Also later today, the ball hit by Westburg took a bad hop and by an inch or two bounced off the second baseman's glove.If the play is made, even the HR wouldn't have won the game. Then, of course, Adley's HR by mere inches cleared the barrier for the game winner. I realize this speech from Al Pacino was about football....but this is what he said about inches making all the difference " "You find out life’s this game of inches.In life, or (in baseball) the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don’t quite make it. One half second, too slow, too fast, you don’t quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They’re in every break of the game, every minute, every second -----Al Pacino / Coach D’Amato:  "On this team, we fight for that inch." We STILL need to shake up this lineup to find people who can put a bat on a ball or lift a fly ball or move runners.Mullins must sit...Id have Hays in CF, maybe OHearn in LF or DH and get someone who cn avoid a strikeout.12 more K's today..O-10 with RISP , until..."the game of inches" made the difference.
    • Agree. And let's find a way to get Mayo up here too. Do we really need Urias? But we're probably destined to see weird stuff like Mateo in center or maybe McKenna if we get him back. lol
    • When LaCanfora spouts off his "I've got reliable sources on this" or "some league executives are telling me" stuff you know that whatever he says is likely made up or just conjecture. That's the main reason he was fired by CBS and removed from their NFL Today show. 
    • He's the worst. Has he ever provided any "inside" information that wasn't completely made up? I completely enjoyed how it seemed pretty obviously EDC/Ravens fed him fake info on the Deebo Samuel rumor and JLC immediately ran with it, then tried to put EDC on blast. Nobody is trading a #1 overall prospect like Jackson Holliday, much less for Luis Robert who has never played a full season and is currently hurt as it is. What's most irritating about him is how smug he is about all his opinions. He's like Keith Law, except he has zero credibility that would give him any sort of validation for his opinions. 
    • Let’s look at this from an individual player perspective. 1. Henderson.  Walked a lot early last year but didn’t hit.  Got more aggressive and hit.  Continues to be aggressive and is hitting even better. 2. Rutschman. Our most patient hitter until this season.  Walking a lot less.  Hitting for average, power, and OPS.    Except for less walks, headed for a career year. 3.  Cowser.  Great walk numbers in the minors.  Too passive last year.  More aggressive this year and, overall, much better. This isn’t a directive from the FO.  These are individual players finding what works best for them.   The biggest difference, I would guess, is with Rutschman and if he’s going to hit .280 and do 30/100 I’ll take it.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now